In line with the celebration of the 20th year of Japan Foundation, Manila, was the successful inauguration of Eigasai: The Japanese Film Festival 2016 at Shangri-la Plaza last July 7. For this year’s Eigasai, it features the works of renowned Japanese directors Masato Harada and Hiroshi Shoji.
Eigasai is the Japanese film festival hosted in the Philippines and presented by the Japan Foundation, Manila which is co-organized by the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines.
The opening night were graced by the representatives of Embassy of Japan to the Philippines, Japan Foundation, Manila and director Masato Harada, which he shared a short talk about the films for this year’s Japanese film festival. Harada also gave a brief talk about his film, KAKEKOMI, which was the first film to present to formally start the Eigasai.
What’s more special with the Eigasai this year is its partnership with the Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival for the first time where two award-winning Japanese films will be featured in its Asian Section.
All the lined-up films are free to viewed by everyone. Free tickets for the festival including those at Shangri-la Cineplex will be available 30 minutes before the screening. Since slots are on a first-come, first-serve basis, it is advisable to come early.
List of films for EIGASAI Japanese Film Festival 2016
- The Great Passage
- Chronicle of My Mother
- The Little House
- The Boy and the Beast
- August in Tokyo
- Flying Colors
- Pale Moon
- Our Little Sister
Schedule for this year’s EIGASAI Japanese Film Festival
- July 7 – 17: Shang Cineplex Cinema 2
- July 22 – 24: Abreeza Mall Cinema, Davao
- July 26 – 30: FDCP Cinematheque, Davao
- July 8, August 6, 9, 10, and 12: Cultural Center of the Philippines
- August 11 – 14: SM Baguio Cinema, Baguio City
- August 15: FDCP Cinematheque Baguio
- August 17 – 21: Ayala Center Cebu
- August 17 – 20: UP Film Institute, UP Diliman
For more information about the festival please visit Japan Foundation, Manila’s Facebook page.
Latest posts by Ranne (see all)
- Cosplay Mania 2017: Event Highlights - October 6, 2017
- Things You’ve Missed at Collecticon 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Be a Hero Together with Doraemon for “I’m Your Hero” Campaign! - August 3, 2017