Start the year with the first ever event this 2016, the Manila Hobbies and Collectibles Convention. Get ready to flock and join the event on January 16-17 at SM Megamall, Megatrade Hall 3. Participate in the cosplay competition, KPop contest, plus get a lots of does of toys, die-cast, figures and statues and meet the Sneaker Club.
Don’t have a ticket yet? Well, this is your lucky day because they will be giving away 50 FREE TICKETS until January 10, 2016. It’s a 1 day pass entry so join the contest.
All you have to do includes:
- Like the Official Hobbiworx FB page
- Like their post ( official post must be in the main fb page ) and share this post taglining ” Free Tickets at Manila Hobbies “
- Tag your friends in the post and hashtag #ManilaHobbies2016
- They will choose top 50 with most share , Ends January 10 ,12am midnight
Are you interested to join the Manila Hobbies 2016 Cosplay Competition? Check out the guidelines below:
1. Registration begins at 10:00am and closes at 2:00pm, January 16, 2016 (SM Mega Trade Hall 3).
2. The participants must have the following upon registration:
a. Two (2) COPIES of a full body picture of the character.
b. Registration forms. The participant should fill-out a registration form provided at the event itself. It will be submitted upon registration together with the full body picture of the character.
3. The Cosplay Catwalk will be from 3pm-6pm. Individual cosplayers are given a maximum of 0ne (1) minute stage time.. Failure to comply with the time limit will result to the disqualification of the cosplayer from the competition.
4. Cosplayers will be judged during the Cosplay Catwalk, from which the Best Adult & Best Child/Kid Cosplay will be chosen.
5. The winner of the Cosplay competition will be decided by the judges in terms of these criteria:
a. Characterization (35%) – the cosplayer’s resemblance to the reference character in terms of personality and behaviour.
b. Costume and Craftsmanship (35%) – resemblance of the costume to that of the reference character. Quality of the costume and visual appeal.
c. Overall Appeal (30%) – innovativeness, creativity, and audience appeal. This including the catwalk presentation for individual cosplayers.
Winners will receive Php10,000 worth of prizes and giveaways.
For more information and updates please visit the OFFICIAL HOBBIWORX FB PAGE.
Latest posts by David D'Angelo (see all)
- Collecticon 2017 Toys and Hobbies Convention - September 10, 2017
- Cosplay Idol Season 4 Goes to Greenhills - August 26, 2017
- 10 Reasons Why History Con is One of the Best Conventions - August 24, 2017