Be part of the first ever CosCraft were crafters will choose a partner cosplayer which they will mentor and compete in the finals at Pinoy Otaku Festival (POF) 2018. All you have to do is fill out our form and submit a video with you in costume and tell us why you deserve to be the chosen as the partner of our selected Cosplay Crafters. Read on for further details on the search.
QUICK QUESTION AND ANSWER ABOUT COSCRAFT
Are you any of the following?
- Someone who wants to cosplay but have not yet cosplayed before.
- Newbie cosplayer without experience in crafting or costume making.
- A veteran cosplayer without experience and knowledge in crafting or costume making.
- A cosplayer who knows crafting but is non-professional (does not engage in MTO or did not win any cosplay event yet.)
- Who can join?
- All cosplayers can join as long as THEY ARE NOT EXPERT in costume crafting or costume making.
- Can a costume maker or crafter join?
- Yes, as long as he is not an expert and is not giving costume making services to others.
- Can a newbie cosplayer join?
- Definitely YES because this is in fact for you. We want you to improve and learn from the senpais of costume crafting and costume making.
- When will the finals be?
- The finals will be on May 2018 during Pinoy Otaku Festival (POF) 2018.
- Who will pay for the costume to be crafted on the finals and for the mentoring materials?
- It will be depending on the agreement of the mentor and the winner.
- What will happen on the Finals?
- During the finals the mentor and winner cosplayer will collaborate for a costume. Final rules and mechanics is still in the process but we will ensure that it will be a level competition. Cost of costume and materials will be limited.
- How much is the prizes on the finals?
- We will strive to give out a big prize and hopefully you help us realize this competition.
CosCraft Online Search Mechanics
- All character from any genre be it Western or Japanese are welcome to join (comics, anime, movie, manga, game, toy, etc,)
- Any type of costume are welcome, be it cloth, rubber sheet, fiber or others.
- There is no disqualification whether you won or not in previous competitions.
- Cosplayers which have professional and advance skills in costume making and crafting are disqualified to join the competition.
- All National Officers of Naruto Cosplayers PH are disqualified from joining the competition and this includes not only the Top 4 main officers but everyone including Chapter Presidents.
- Members of the staff and organizing committee will not allowed to participate in the cosplay event competition.
CosCraft Video Submission
- Video must not be longer than 5 minutes.
- You must upload your video via YouTube either unlisted or public and paste the link in the form provided below.
- Your video must contain the following
- Introduce yourself include your name, when did you start cosplaying and characters cosplayed.
- Answer why do you cosplay and what you want to achieved in cosplaying.
- Be in costume while doing the video. If you have not yet cosplayed then just tell us WHY YOU WANT TO COSPLAY.
- Tell us why the crafter needs to choose you.
- Submission will be from January 12, 2018 to February 28, 2018.
- Planning and competition stage starts from March 1 – May 26, 2018.
Coscraft Eliminations Registration
Please fill out the form to register for CosCraft.