EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 31, 2018 AND NO NEED TO SEND A VIDEO!
Be part of the first ever CosCraft were crafters will choose a partner cosplayer which they will mentor and compete in the finals at Pinoy Otaku Festival (POF) 2018. All you have to do is fill out our form and submit a video with you in costume and tell us why you deserve to be the chosen as the partner of our selected Cosplay Crafters. Read on for further details on the search.
THE COSCRAFT: COSTUME MENTORING CHALLENGE NEW MENTORS
These mentors will be the one to select from those who will apply to be part of the CosCraft Finals. Those that will be selected will immediately join the finals on May 26, 2017. You will choose one of the following mentors and then the mentors will also select from one of those who submitted their application. During the duration of the competition, the mentor will teach the cosplayer how to create a costume and cosplay. Finals will be on May 26, 2018 wherein the final costume and performance will be presented on stage,
COSCRAFT: COSTUME MENTORING CHALLENGE FIRST MENTORS
These four (4) mentors are the first batch of mentors that we have during the launching of CosCraft during Pinoy Otaku Festival (POF) 2017: Danketsu. The new mentors will join them during the CosCraft Finals on May 26, 2018.
QUICK QUESTION AND ANSWER ABOUT COSCRAFT
Are you any of the following?
- Someone who wants to cosplay but has not yet cosplayed before.
- Newbie cosplayer without experience in crafting or costume making.
- A veteran cosplayer without experience and knowledge in crafting or costume making.
- A cosplayer who knows crafting but is non-professional (does not engage in MTO or did not win any cosplay event yet.)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR COSCRAFT: COSTUME MENTORING CHALLENGE
- What is the prize for the competition?
- Both the MENTOR and the COSPLAYER will be given prizes. Although these prizes are yet to be fully confirmed.
- Cosplayer Champion will receive a Multimedia Specialist Training worth Php25,000 from CIIT College of Arts and Technology.
- Who can join?
- All cosplayers can join as long as THEY ARE NOT EXPERT in costume crafting or costume making.
- Can a costume maker or crafter join?
- Yes, as long as he is not an expert and is not giving costume making services to others.
- Can a newbie cosplayer join?
- Definitely YES because this is in fact for you. We want you to improve and learn from the senpais of costume crafting and costume making.
- When will the finals be?
- The finals will be on May 2018 during Pinoy Otaku Festival (POF) 2018.
- Who will pay for the costume to be crafted on the finals and for the mentoring materials?
- It will be depending on the agreement of the mentor and the winner.
- What will happen in the Finals?
- During the finals, the mentor and winner cosplayer will collaborate for a costume. Final rules and mechanics is still in the process but we will ensure that it will be a level competition. Cost of costume and materials will be limited.
- How much is the prizes on the finals?
- We will strive to give out a big prize and hopefully you help us realize this competition.
CosCraft Online Search Mechanics
- All character from any genre be it Western or Japanese are welcome to join (comics, anime, movie, manga, game, toy, etc,)
- Any type of costume are welcome, be it cloth, rubber sheet, fiber or others.
- There is no disqualification whether you won or not in previous competitions.
- Cosplayers which have professional and advanced skills in costume making and crafting are disqualified to join the competition.
- All National Officers of Naruto Cosplayers PH are disqualified from joining the competition and this includes not only the Top 4 main officers but everyone including Chapter Presidents.
- Members of the staff and organizing committee will not be allowed to participate in the cosplay event competition.
CosCraft Video Submission
- Video must not be longer than 5 minutes.
- You must upload your video via YouTube either unlisted or public and paste the link in the form provided below.
- If you cannot upload it via YouTube you can also upload it via Google Drive or 4Shared and send it to ncph2010 @ gmail.com.
- Your video must contain the following
- Introduce yourself include your name, when did you start cosplaying and characters cosplayed.
- Answer why do you cosplay and what you want to achieve in cosplaying.
- You can be in costume or not while doing the video. If you have not yet cosplayed then just tell us WHY YOU WANT TO COSPLAY.
- Tell us WHO AMONG THE CRAFTERS YOU WANT AND WHY.
- Submission will be from January 12, 2018, to February 28, 2018.
- Mentors Selection will be from March 1-15, 2018.
- The announcement of Mentors and Cosplayers will be on March 16, 2018.
- Planning and competition stage starts from March 20 – May 26, 2018.
Coscraft Eliminations Registration
Please fill out the form to register for CosCraft. Video submission can be sent later until February 28, 2018.