Now on its 16th year, ToyCon together with Pop Life Entertainment will bring you a bigger and jam-packed experience for all the Filipino toys and pop-culture enthusiasts! As ToyCon Pop Life FanXperience 2017 will commence this coming June 30 to July 2, 2017 at SMX Convention Center in Pasay City.
Organized by the Asian Comics, Toys & Hobbies Collective Inc. and Pop Life Entertainment, ToyCon Pop Life FanXperience 2017 was promised to be bigger compared to last year – with more exhibits, programs and seven International guests for all attendees to enjoy.
The FanXperience will certainly give lucky fans a chance to interact one-on-one with the following big celebrities through the live panels and Meet & Greet sessions:
- Carla Perez – Rita Repulsa in the Power Rangers 90s TV Series
- Charlie Bewley – The Vampire Dmitri, from the Twilight movie franchise
- Lindsay Mckeon – Tessa the Reaper from the hit TV series, Supernatural
- Karen Fukuhara – Katana of the Suicide Squad
- Stefan Capicic – Colossus in the Deadpool Movie
- Cas Anvar – the voice of Altair in Assassins Creed:Revelations
- Kevin McNally – Joshamee Gibbs in all 5 Pirate of the Caribbean movies
ToyCon also boasts of some of the biggest exhibits in the world of popular culture. Here are the highlights for this year:
- Japan’s top toy brand, Kotobukiya, displays its latest line of Marvel, Star Wars and DC figurines along with the launch of the Frame Arms Girl Anime and merchandise.
- Warner Brothers features its movie exhibit of its upcoming line of hit movies, IT, Ninjago, Justice League and the original movie prop doll of the horror cult classic, Annabelle.
- Mars Ravelo’s Superheroes are featured in their classic art and comic form courtesy of the Mars Ravelo Estate and ABS CBN Licensing.
- The TOYCON Toy Club Gallery – The biggest toy collectors’ exhibit ever assembled under one roof featuring top toy brands, Kotobukiya, Enesco, Bandai, Hero Cross, Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys and Lego. This exhibit makes ToyCon one of the most photographed events in the country.
- Artists Alley and custom artwork – fans meet their favorite local and international guest artists for custom sketches, signing and art critiquing
- The biggest dealer floor of around 240 merchants of various pop-culture merchandise, comics, accessories, cosplay merchandise, toys and collectibles
Aside from that, there are other events that will happened during the event. Such as:
- The grand finals of the World Cosplay Summit Philippine Championship and our very own TOYCON Cosplay Competition.
- The awarding of the very first Pinoy Pop Culture Awards.
- Musical performances by British electronic duo, Addictive TV and top local bands.
- ToyClicks toy photography competition and the Toy Customization contest.
See you on June 30-July 2, 2017 and be prepared for the biggest pop-culture event for this month!
Latest posts by Ranne (see all)
- Things You’ve Missed at Collecticon 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Be a Hero Together with Doraemon for “I’m Your Hero” Campaign! - August 3, 2017
- 6 Moments That Sum Up Your CardCon PH Experience - July 27, 2017