AsiaPOP Comicon (APCC) Manila 2015 is definitely an event which everyone would be looking forward to. With promising line up of guests including Jason Momoa. the famous Khal Drogo from “Game of Thrones” – which is also the Aquaman in the upcoming DC Comics films, “Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Justice League”; and VampyBit Me, known for her daring and cool cosplay that made her a global cosplay phenomenon. However what we are really looking forward to besides all of that is the Cosplay Authority Global Challenge (CAGE).
APCC Manila, together with event partner Cosplay Authority Global Challenge (The CAGE) – the world’s biggest and first–of-its-kind cosplay competition – is now accepting entries from cosplayers around the world to battle on an international level and be the next global Cosplay star.
“With this competition, APCC Manila expects to attract the best cosplay talents, not only in the region, but around the world. The CAGE will also have a Kids category to provide the younger audience with a chance to unleash their creativity and imagination,” Magnus explained.
Judging the cosplayers is a specially handpicked panel of judges that include international prop and costume maker Bill Doran, cosplay superstar Alodia Gosiengfiao, Philippines’ own cosplay photographer extraordinaire Jay Tablante, traveling artist and global cosplay phenomenon VampyBit Me, and actress/model Allison Harvard of America’s Next Top Model Cycle 12 and America’s Next Top Model: All Stars.
Participants will also experience an all-star entertainment treat with actress/model/host LeeAnna Vamp, or the “Ghoul Of Your Dreams,” joining the roster of cosplay stars who will definitely spice up the event. Vamp is the host of “I Love Nerd Girls” and “Fiends Forever.”
Then there’s more for the cosplay aficionados with the special appearances of internationally-acclaimed cosplayers Monika Lee and Riki ‘Riddle’ Lecotey. The two are well-loved “characters” in the costume and anime-loving world, both of whom starred in SyFy channel, Heroes of Cosplay.
The CAGE aims to promote the spirit and craftsmanship of cosplay through costume and prop-making workshops as well as provide a platform for cosplay enthusiasts and fans to compete on an international level. The grand champion of the Open category will receive a record-breaking payout of USD$10,000 cash along with the opportunity to compete in the next edition of The CAGE at APCC Abu Dhabi.
Who can join Cosplay Authority Global Challenge (CAGE)?
According to the website there re no restriction so far if you need to be from any genre as long as you are cosplaying a character that had already been published. So they say it is open to anyone aged from 5 to 90 years old can participate!
What are the Cosplay Authority Global Challenge (CAGE) categories?
- Kids Category (aged 5-12 years old)
- Open Category (aged 13 – 90 years old)
What are the prizes for the winners of the Cosplay Authority Global Challenge (CAGE)?
- Grand Champion shall receive USD10,000 (inclusive of tax applicable, if any) in cash, automatic entry to The CAGE Abu Dhabi in December 2015 with air fare and accommodation provided and one (01) V-pass for APCC Manila 2016 (worth USD250).
- First Runner-up will receive USD5,000 (inclusive of tax applicable, if any) in cash and one (01) V-pass for APCC Manila 2016 (worth USD250).
- Second Runner-up will receive USD1,000 (inclusive of tax applicable, if any) in cash and one (01) V-pass to APCC Manila 2016 (worth USD250).
- Best in Show Winner will receive USD5,000 in cash (inclusive of tax applicable, if any) and two (02) three-day pass to APCC Manila 2016 (worth USD44).
- Fans’ Favourite Winner will receive USD2,000 in cash (inclusive of tax applicable, if any) and two (02) three-day pass to APCC Manila 2016 (worth USD44).
- Best Re-enactment Winner will receive USD1,000 in cash (inclusive of tax applicable, if any) and two (02) three-day pass to APCC Manila 2016 (worth USD44).
All winners will be entitled to an exclusive photoshoot with renowned photographer, Jay Tablante. Timing of shoot schedule allocated is final and cannot be changed.
How can you join the Cosplay Authority Global Challenge (CAGE)?
For interested participants, visit www.cosplayauthority.com/application and like www.facebook.com/cosplayauthority and follow on Twitter @CageCosplay to find out more about the competition.
Are you now interested to attend AsiaPOP Comicon 2015? If you are and want to know more please check out this article from our affiliate site, “What you need to know about AsiaPOP Comicon Manila 2015“.