Cosplay Idol Season 4 Finals will happen during Pinoy Otaku Festival (POF) 2018: Ai on June 3 at Fairview Terraces. Finalists from the various elimination rounds will finally come to face each other and show their cosplay performance and talent. The finalist will also include the winners of FurryPinas’ The Great Furry Cosplay Competition and Wildcard Eliminations.
Cosplay Idol Winners
- Cosplay Idol Season 1: Bolen Lareza
- CI Season 2: Izaiah Luke Buelos
- Cosplay Idol Season 3: Alexia Clair Sheridan
Cosplay Idol Season 4 ELimination Winners
There will still be two eliminations and you can still join and register for the following:
- Jayson Tabuzo
- Ferdinand Nisperos
- Gino Bernard de Lumen
- Gio Regorgo
- Andrea Francisco
- Ashley Misaki
- Ryan Vargas
- Jessie Bandoll
- EJ Quintos
- Denice Carmela Bautista
- Carlos Santiago
- Rommer Lloyd Natividad
- Geneva Cabading (will not be joining the finals since she will be one of our hosts for POF 2018.)
The Great Furry Cosplay Contest Winners
- Guy Singson (Champion)
- Isamu Sichirou (Runner-Up)
MalCon Cosplay Superstar Winners
- Matthew Suarez (Ben 10) – Junior Category
- Raven Sta. Ana (Thor) – Toy Cosplay
- Renzo Alferez (Bakugo) – Anime
- Jonathan De Joseph (Hulkbuster) – Mecha/Armor
- Marinelle Santiago (Commander Lin Mei) – Game/Movie Comics
- Gian Kenneth Natividad (Monster Hunter) – Special Cosplay Idol Finals Entry
- Jack de Joseph (Thanos) – Special Cosplay Idol Finals Entry
- Pete Mendoza (Spiderman) – Special Cosplay Idol Finals Entry
Cosplay Idol Season 4 Finals Mechanics and Rules
- There will be a registration fee of Php20.00 (25% will go to our CausePlay project)
- Cosplay Idol is a combination of cosplay performance and show of real talent by the competitors.
- Finalists are highly encouraged to wear a different costume from what they wear during the eliminations but this is not mandatory.
- We greatly encourage cosplayers to modify and make your costumes as cool as possible as long as it retains the character and it can be seen as the character. Be awesome.
- Each cosplayer will be given up to 5 minutes to perform.
- The maximum number of human props shall be two (2).
- A 10 point deduction will be made for every minute in excess. In addition, there will be a timekeeper assigned at the event to monitor this
Categories for Cosplay Idol Season 4 Finals
- Cosplay Idol Season 4 Champion – P3,000 Ayala Malls Electronic GC
- Cosplay Idol Season 4 Runner Up – P2,000 Ayala Malls Electronic GC
Other Rules to Follow
- Dangerous stunts, metal props, and other dangerous objects or props will not be allowed.
- Props that can make the performance stage unsuitable or dangerous like powder, water and the like are prohibited.
- In case of destruction or damage due to a contestants cosplay act, the cosplayer will be the one to answer for the said damages.
- You can cosplay any anime, manga, game or movie character.
- No member of the staff or organizing committee will be allowed to participate in the cosplay event competition.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- Cosplayers can modify the costume as long as the main identity of the character is intact.
- Contestants must inform the contest facilitators if they will need a microphone or other technical requirements ( Sounds, Effects, Lights, ETC. ). Also, if you are using your own audio for your performance, please ensure they are in .mp3 format and should be copied in your own flash drives.
- All contestants must provide all the necessary information outlined in the registration sheet. Please be prepared to give information such as your full name and contact details.
- These rules and mechanics may change without prior notice.
Cosplay Idol Season 4 Judging
- There will be five (5) judges during the event.
- Bonus point/s on the final score will be given for the following:
- Submitted BGM – 1 point
- Criteria for judging will be as follows:
- Characterization (cosplayers resemblance to the character he/she is cosplaying in terms of personality and actions) – 20 points
- Costume Creativity (creativity of the modification made to the character if there is any and ability to maintain the relevance of the costume to the character, costume quality and its visual appeal) – 30 points
- Cosplay Performance (catwalk, performance, and talent presented on stage) – 20 points
- Talent (talent of the cosplayer – singing, dancing, acting, etc.) – 25 points
- Overall Appeal (how the character can relate and involve the audience. The overall impact of the cosplayer. – 5 points
Latest posts by David D'Angelo (see all)
- Otaku Musika Festival 2019 - August 6, 2019
- Cosplay Championship League 2019 at SM City Valenzuela and SM Sangandaan - August 6, 2019
- Collecticon 2019 this September - August 3, 2019