We are bringing back FANTASM COSPLAY CHALLENGE. In this cosplay competition you cosplay as realisitically as possible and impress the judges. This time we are bringing FANTASM INTER-SCHOOL. Invite your classmates, inform your school and be part of this exciting new competition. in order to win BE AS CLOSE TO THE CHARACTER AS POSSIBLE ON AND OFF THE STAGE.
It is a timely competition because we also launched our first Fantasm Cosplay Challenge at Robinsons Place.
We have a limit of 20 schools and so far we have 2 registered contestant/s as of April 10, 2019.
- Rizal Technological University (RTU)
- San Joaquin Kalawaan High School
- PNU NAMI (Philippine Normal University)
- Sitero Francisco Memorial National Highschool (Valenzuela City)
- Tala High School ( Tala Caloocan City)
Fantasm Inter-School Basic Mechanics
- This cosplay competition is open to all students currently registered and enrolled in their school for SY 2018-2019. Alumni are disqualified.
- This is open to all schools nationwide High School, Senior High School and Tertiary.
- You need to form a team of 3 representing your school.
- We will only accept up to 20 schools and as soon as they are registered it will be posted here.
- Each team member will have to perform and cosplay individually.
- This is not a group cosplay competition.
Rules and Mechanics for the Competition
- There is no categorization for this cosplay competition.
- There will be NO ONSITE REGISTRATION. Pre-registered participants are required to confirm at the event date and venue from 10am up to 2:00pm on Saturday, May 18, 2019.
- All cosplayers are required to submit 3 printed copies of their characters reference photo in detail and 1 BGM/VBG. (Failed to submit requirements will have a 10 point deduction on total judges score).
- Cosplayers are required to fill out the form honestly specially as regards the make of their costume and who made it.
- Each will be given a total of one (1) minute stage performance. (Cosplayer that exceeds the time will have a 10 point deduction on total judges score)
- Cosplayers are advised to be in costume at least an hour before the competition starts.
- Cosplayers should be in the holding area at least 30 minutes before the event starts.
- Acceptance is on a FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED basis.
- All competitors will be asked to read the Rules and Mechanics and sign that they have read and understood
- Dangerous stunts, metal props and other dangerous objects or props will not be allowed and will result to automatic disqualification of the cosplayer.
- In case of destruction or damage due to a contestants cosplay act, the cosplayer will be the one to answer for the said damages.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- If you have any complaint please watch out for our feedback form or drop it at the suggestion box/feedback box that we will deploy during the event.
- Winners should be present during the awarding ceremony and if not they will forfeit their slot to the next in line.
Fantasm Inter-School Cosplay Qualifications
- All character from any genre be it Western or Japanese are welcome to join (comics, anime, movie, manga, game, toy, etc,)
- Any type of costume are welcome, be it cloth, rubber sheet, fiber or others.
- All National Officers of Naruto Cosplayers PH are disqualified from joining the competition and this includes not only the Top 4 main officers but everyone including Chapter Presidents.
- No member of the staff or organizing committee will be allowed to participate in the cosplay event competition.
Judging Details for Fantasm Inter-School
- There will be judges per each criteria.
- Judges for this competition will be selected based on their knowledge and expertise to judge the particular criteria.
- All Judges will be asked to sign a Judge Contract and Agreement and this include the random audience judges too.
- The judges will only be concentrating on the criteria which he/she is assigned.
- Seventy percent (70%) of the score for the school winners will be determine from the following criteria for judging:
- COSTUME – 25% – how similar the costume is to the original character and to the reference photo submitted.
- REALISM – 25% – how realistic the portrayal of the character is.
- ENGAGEMENT – 25% – how engaging the character is with the people at the event and with other characters.
- DIFFICULTY – 25% – how difficult the chosen character is.
- Thirty percent (30%) of the score for the school winners will be determined by the number of votes for the school as measured by their attendance during the event.
- These criteria is applicable not only on stage but also off the stage.
- The total for each school entry will be added up and will form the total score for the school.
Fantasm Inter-School Winners
There will be a total of 4 winners.
- Fantasm Inter-School Cosplay Award: highest total school score..
- 1st Runner-Up: 2nd highest total school score.
- 2nd Runner-up: 3rd highest total school score.
- Best Cosplayer: The cosplayer with the highest score and voted by the majority of the judges. This may mean that he is not necessarily the highest but he was acknowledge as worthy to be the winner based on the criteria for the competition. To confirm the winner the judge uncharged of that criteria must confirmed and seek the approval of the majority of the judges.
- Decision of the Judges is final and irrevocable.