POF 2018 GENERAL EVENT RULES AND ETIQUETTE
- NO LITTERING. Keep the place neat and tidy. Be like the Japanese. Stay clean & be proud of it.
- NO DANGEROUS WEAPON/ No Sharp Blades, Armor, Live Projectile Weapons material will not be allowed.
- KEEP YOUR CLOTHING GP. Since there will be children at the event we request everyone including cosplayers to keep their costume and clothing for “General Patronage.” We, however, recognize that there are anime and some cosplays which cannot be considered GP and we allow that, however, please exercise discretion on your cosplay of choice.
- BAGGAGE AREA. Designated baggage area will be available for contest participants for free. We will, however, charge a fee for non-participants except for holders of our Red Cloud Royalty Card.
- NO SMOKING. Fairview Terraces is a non-smoking area. Keep yourself and others healthy.
- KEEP YOUR BELONGINGS SAFE. Your belongings are your responsibility. If you have lost something, please report at the marshalls on-ground or at Facebook (for post-event) and we will provide help.
- LOOKOUT FOR YOUR CHILDREN. Keep your children safe. If you have lost someone, please notify the marshalls immediately.
- DO NOT BLOCK OTHERS, PATHWAYS, ENTRANCE, AND EXIT. Do not take photos of pathways. For emergency reasons, please do not camp at the entrances or exits.
- EVENT STAFFS ARE READY TO ASSIST. We have event staff/marshals scouting around the event, for any questions regarding the event, crew(s), sponsors, procedures, interviews and cosplayers.
- COSPLAY IS NOT CONSENT. Please ask a cosplayer before taking photos. Be mindful and respect the cosplayers. Ask before you take a photo. Do not take lewd photos of any cosplayer or person present at the event.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: What is Pinoy Otaku Festival?
Answer: Pinoy Otaku Festival (POF) is a Naruto Cosplayers PH Main event that happens every year. It started in the year 2011 where Naruto Cosplayers PH together with Red Cloud Interactive organized cosplay events, band performances, etc. For this year 2018, POF integrates a unique theme for the event: Ai.
- Q: What does Ai mean?
Answer: Ai is a Japanese term for love. We want to promote love within the pop culture community.
- Q: What is the weird symbol at the bottom of the “AI” logo?
Answer: This is not a weird symbol, in fact, this is the Philippines very own and original written and spoken language called Baybayin. We want to promote not only Japanese culture but also our very own unique culture during the event.
- Q: When and where will POF 2017: Ai be held?
Answer: The event will be held from Saturday, June 2 through Sunday, June 3, 2018, at Activity Center, Upper Ground floor, Fairview Terraces
- Q: How should I get to the event?
Answer:We provided some helpful travel tips and map for finding the route to POF 2018: Danketsu. You can travel by means of bus, jeep or car depending on your location. More information about the event location here
- Q: What hours will the event operate?
Answer: The event will run from Saturday, 11:00 am until 8:00 pm. It will resume the next day, Sunday, 10:00 am until 8:00 pm.
- Q: Is there an entrance fee for the event?
Answer: We are thrilled to say that there will be no entrance fee for this convention. Also, this event will serve as an outreach project so we might ask you to donate during the event. All donations will not form part of the event’s incidental earnings.
- Q: Is there an age limit for the convention?
Answer: None. However, we recommend children 10 and under to have guardians with them at all times
- Q: What is Asia Music Festival (AMF) 2018?
Answer: Asia Music Festival (AMF) is a collection of events which focuses on music. This started during POF 2013 and can be held also as a separate event. Some of the events included in this are Battle of the Bands, Karaoke, and Dance Contests.
- Q: What exactly happens at POF 2018: Ai?
Answer: We are currently preparing all the programs we have for POF 2018: Ai. There will be plenty of events going on at all times. There would be and many more! Some of the unique events for this year include ANIME RAVE PARTY, THE ULTIMATE SINGING IDOL and ANIMAZING RACE.
- Q: Where can I find the full schedule of events?
Answer: We will have our interactive online schedule soon, for now, click here
- Q: What will I do if I have concerns/questions while at the event?
Answer: Just visit one of our information booths and our friendly staff will answer the questions you may have. There will also be plenty of staff and security roaming at the event with shirts and IDs. Also after the event, there would be a suggestion box at the information booth so you can write up about your suggestions/comments.
- Q: I am a media partner. Where can I get my media pass?
Answer: We have a separate booth at the entrance for the media/exhibitors where they will sign for attendance and the assigned marshall on the booth will give a media/exhibitors pass.
- Q: I want to set up a table and sell at the event, who do I contact?
Answer: You can check our Event Partnership Online Application Form for sponsorship and booths concern.